Match Manager Duties:
When it is your turn to be Match Manager, these are your duties
- 2 weeks before the game email to be sent out to Vags confirming who is available as set out in the availability chart and if there are any changes
- 2 weeks before the game contact the opposition (password-protected contact details here) to confirm game and if any problems we can then come up with an action plan if needed. cc the Vags captain in on this comms.
- Names to be passed to the Vags captain the weekend before so a selection email can be sent out on the Monday before the game by the Vags captain.
- Contact Daisy at The Sun Inn 01420 562338 midweek confirming Teas and what time we need them (note we have variable start times). Also alert if weather problems!
- If the weather is looking unsettled liaise with Peter Caines, Bentworth groundsman 01420 88592 and keep the Vags captain updated
Timed Game Rules
Allows for all four results
- Team batting 1st bats for 2hrs 30 mins (if team is bowled out or declares before then that extra time is added to the team batting 2nd)
- Team batting 2nd bats for 1 hour + 20 overs (count down overs on scoreboard after the hour)
- No limit on number of overs per bowler
- 2 New Balls
- Usually works out at about 35-40 overs per innings
Only works from pre-registered email addresses
Send an emails to all Vagabonds :
Send email to those who expressed an interest in the Tour:
Send an email just to committee: