Match Manager Duties:
When it is your turn to be Match Manager, these are your duties
- 2 weeks before the game email to be sent out to Vags confirming who is available as set out in the availability chart and if there are any changes
- 2 weeks before the game contact the opposition (password-protected contact details here) to confirm game and if any problems we can then come up with an action plan if needed. cc the Vags captain in on this comms.
- Names to be passed to the Vags captain the weekend before so a selection email can be sent out on the Monday before the game by the Vags captain.
- Contact Daisy at The Sun Inn 01420 562338 midweek confirming Teas and what time we need them (note we have variable start times). Also alert if weather problems!
- If the weather is looking unsettled liaise with Peter Caines, Bentworth groundsman 01420 88592 and keep the Vags captain updated
Resources to find opposition when we have been let down (links open in new window):
Club Cricket Conference: 020 8973 1830
Timed Game Rules
Allows for all four results
- Team batting 1st bats for 2hrs 30 mins (if team is bowled out or declares before then that extra time is added to the team batting 2nd)
- Team batting 2nd bats for 1 hour + 20 overs (count down overs on scoreboard after the hour)
- No limit on number of overs per bowler
- 2 New Balls
- Usually works out at about 35-40 overs per innings
Only works from pre-registered email addresses
Send an emails to all Vagabonds :
Send email to those who expressed an interest in the Tour:
Send an email just to committee:
Vags related websites:
(You will need to sign in for all)